Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Intern, Co-Op, Indirect, Engineering, Orchid Arcadia, will assist in production improvement projects.
The Intern, Co-Op, Indirect, Engineering, Orchid Arcadia reports to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering, Orchid Arcadia and will be part of the Engineering team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and drive process improvement projects including use of basic hand tools and performing hands-on work. Examples of improvement projects include but not limited to development of standardized work, design or modification of fixtures, ergonomics and 5S improvement of work stations, etc.
- Perform statistical data analysis to analyze complex data, draw conclusions, solve problems and make sound decisions and recommendations with minimal supervision and guidance
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
- AutoCAD or equivalent computer aided design software, Microsoft Access and Excel spreadsheet experience required.
- Must be a Junior/Senior level engineering student or recent graduate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment drug screen.
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Desire to improve the processes
- Energetic and details-oriented
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Junior or Senior level Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology student with a grade of B average or higher
- Or recent graduate with a Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology degree
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing Teamwork: We Are All Connected Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Always required to wear safety glasses on the production floor and utilize appropriate safety equipment
- Ability to lift more 25 lbs. periodically
- Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as required.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre- employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
Disclaimer: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.