With 10 locations across the country, our network of distribution centers keep all of our online stores and retail locations stocked with all the best products for our customers’ pets.
Incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of warehouse operations, while leading a team of distribution center partners in proficiently and effectively executing shipping/receiving/inventory control responsibilities. The role is an integral part of the supply chain operation, ensuring a variety of DC operations run smoothly to support product being received, processed, stored, packed and shipped correctly. This role will also demonstrate leadership skills to create and promote an environment where partners are engaged, empowered and committed to the success of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must demonstrate, with or without an accommodation, the ability to:
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on the Company’s interests.
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Analyze data to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Effectively accomplish assigned duties/tasks through the work of subordinates.
- Move merchandise up to 50 pounds.
The nature of this position entails supervising one or more work units in the Distribution Center, to include ongoing training and assignment delegation. The Distribution Center Supervisor is also responsible for providing primary input toward the performance evaluations of the Distribution Center Associates as well as hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
While some job duties are performed while seated indoors, the majority of the time is spent in the Distribution Center, where exposure to heat, cold, dirt, dust, fumes and noise should not be overlooked. As the Distribution Center Supervisor may also be required on occasion to work in the warehouse, there may be risk of injury resulting from improper procedures.