Physicians Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a positive and experienced Stationary Engineer Trainee to perform general maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems and related building services duties. Must be available during off-hours to respond to emergency situations as warranted (snow removal, fill in work, etc.) There is frequent overtime available, approximately 2-3 hours per week.
- Wednesday 8:30 pm – Thursday 7 am
- Thursday 8:30 pm – Friday 7 am
- Friday 8:30 pm – Saturday 7 am
- Saturday 8:30 pm – Sunday 7 am
- Monitors operation of automated building equipment by observing EMS computer
- Responds to alarms, alerts, signals and indicators
- Completes preventative maintenance and routine maintenance requests
- Monitors and performs maintenance on boilers, auxiliary steam equipment, air conditioning equipment, etc.
- Completes emergency maintenance assignments (minor electrical work, etc.) and non-routine maintenance assignments (changing outdoor lights, ballasts, outlets, etc.)
- Reacts quickly in emergency situations (resetting equipment after a power surge)
- Completes special projects (running IW cables for all in-house telephone work, etc.) under guidance of supervisor
- Performs grounds maintenance and snow removal duties
- Operates, maintains and repairs all grounds equipment
Required Job Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current, valid driver's license
- Ability to earn certification as a City of Omaha Third Grade Steam Plant Engineer within one year
- Approximately one year experience in steam plant operations
- Strong mechanical/electrical maintenance background
- Ability to make immediate and sound judgments in emergency situations
- Ability to read blueprints of equipment, plumbing, wiring, etc., needed to complete repairs
- Strong knowledge of proper procedures regarding water treatment and use of chemicals
- Basic knowledge of electrical principals and wiring
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration and plumbing principles
- Ability to climb ladders, work in difficult areas, log equipment conditions, etc., in order to complete electrical, plumbing and mechanical duties
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder’s promise — to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We’ve been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation’s leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we’ll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.