A HHA Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of ongoing communication with referral and intake sources for all patients. The HHA Coordinator shall plan for home healthcare service coverage. The HHA Coordinator is responsible for management of current schedule for home care workers, while striving to ensure that patient/family are satisfied and receiving excellent customer service.
- Understand the administration and management of office operations for home care agencies.
- Ability to define problems and tasks, collect data and establish facts, take action and facilitate resolve.
- Ability to perform various computer functions for information concerning patient and aide scheduling and coordination, assisting with communication between departments and overall office operations.
- Proficient in Customer service and satisfaction.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- High school graduate; some college credit preferred.
- One year experience in other work related experience, preferably within the health care services industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Constituent Database (HHA Exchange) and Internet
- Investigative ability, highly organized, self-motivated, takes initiative, excellent written and verbal communication and analytical critical thinking skills; able to perform without much supervision.
- Understands the regulations governing the home care field, related to Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance.
- Understanding of communicating effectively with employee, patients and their families, medical and community affiliates in order to develop positive relationships.
- Maintains telephone contact with patient/family receiving services for :
1. Introduction to agency and HHA Coordinator
2. Communicating any changes in scheduling/replacement HHA's
3. Monitoring patient satisfaction
4. Resolving any complaints, incidents, HHA Counseling's and or problems
- Maintains a daily patient roster of assigned services and staffs open cases as needed.
- Monitors HHA electronic verification via the HHA Exchange “Call Dashboard” throughout the day and is responsible for its maintenance and documentation.
- Maintains effective communication with contracts via HHA Exchange by revising contract messages, replying promptly, and clearing out respective notes in a timely manner.
- Communicates with vendor/contract any changes that occur, either with patient/family or HHA. In the event the HHA is changed or replaced, the HHA Coordinator is responsible to notify the Human Resource department to send the appropriate documentation to the vendor.
- Responsible for documenting all incidents (both in HHA Exchange and on Incident Report form) and relaying information to supervisor for follow up and completion of incident reports.
- Responsible for scheduling replacement HHA's upon request from Human Resource department to ensure HHA compliancy with agency and state regulations.
- Assists with obtaining contract authorizations where pre-billing conflicts arise.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintain a high degree of patient satisfaction and strives to work as a team player with the other coordinators.
- Assists with On-Call after 5pm-9am, including weekends as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
CUSTOMER SERVICE /INTERPERSONAL SKILL
1. Is responsible and cooperative with other employees, supervisors, patients and visitors
2. Utilizes established channels of communication
3. Recognizes, accepts and respects people as individuals
4. Recognizes limitations and seeks assistance appropriately
5. Responds to employee issues
6. Communicates appropriately with all levels of staff
7. Maintains professional attitude.
8. Maintains professional appearance.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.