Position is open to Mayfield Village, OH. or Colorado Springs, CO. Mayfield Village, OH. is the preferred location.
The Telecom Experience team consists of Business Systems Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts that support Telecom applications. We are currently evolving into an Agile Analyst role and the ideal candidate would possess both QA & BSA skills and experience. In addition, the ideal candidate would also possess development skills in order to be versatile and work in an Agile environment.
In this blended Quality Assurance and Business Systems Analyst role, you'll use your expertise in software testing to ensure our systems and services are functioning properly for our customers and employees. You'll create tests that model various business scenarios to validate system functionality, and expose any risks. You'll use your analytical and problem solving skills to recognize and reduce any redundancies in our testing efforts, always looking for ways to improve our processes. You’ll also be responsible for translating business requirements for systems or applications changes into IT terminology. You’ll analyze the business, end users goals, needs, concerns and resulting implications of proposed system changes, making recommendations for feasible solutions.
Must have qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Information Technology, or related discipline (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, Business Management)and a minimum of four years of work experience analyzing, testing and implementing business system changes or user acceptance testing. Experience must include planning, analyzing and executing testing of multiple applications with significant size, scope and complexity (e.g Sales, Servicing, Billing Applications).
- Instead of a degree, a minimum of six years of related work experience analyzying, testing and implementing business system changes or user acceptance testing, may be accepted. Experience must include planning, analyzing and executing testing of multiple applications with significant size, scope and complexity (e.g Sales, Servicing, Billing Applications).
What else we look for
- In-depth knowledge of common testing methods, testing tools (e.g., ALM), terminology and industry practices
- Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of using software packages or tools for processing or displaying data (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SQL Queries)
- Proven ability to assess implications of proposed systems changes on the processes and factors related to the insurance business or common business functions (e.g. marketing, sales, and financial controls).
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze data from various sources to determine next steps
- Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
- Negotiation skills with the ability to influence others by educating and sharing information
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Coach and help others learn knowledge or skills in a specific area
As a technology leader in the auto insurance industry, Progressive offers tech professionals access to new technologies and the support of a collaborative team. With encouragement and flexibility to test your own ideas, you’ll directly impact company growth and success. You’ll also benefit from:
- Annual gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
- 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6%
- Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements and tools to support your lifestyle
- Commitment to technology innovation through initiatives like our Business Innovation Garage where professionals can test new ideas, technology and prototypes
- Dynamic company culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
- Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
- Healthcare onsite and standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive’s determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.