PRG has an immediate need for a talented, self-motivated and full-time Field Investigator for our Outside Plant Damage Recovery group. A strong sense of organization, as well as a flexible schedule, will be required due to the various responsibilities as outlined below.
- On-site investigation of underground and aerial cable plant damages
- Individual will learn, understand, and be able to utilize State Dig Laws and Statutes, excavator requirements, NESC standards
- Develop a professional working relationship with the client, their contractors, technicians, management team and other personnel
- Develop a solid working relationship with the client’s locate company and exchange investigation information
- Conduct interviews on damage sites with contractors, technicians, witnesses, police, homeowners, etc.
- Professionally photograph and process the damage scene to accurately portray and determine liability
- Work with the client and contractors to obtain and write-up job repair costs from the damage
- Compile all investigation material and submit to the local handling office via email.
- Assist Claims Recovery team post-investigation
- Develop and maintain monthly market reporting and lead meetings with client to review
- Be available at all times as necessary to field damage calls and respond across the market
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire PRG claims process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Reliable and presentable personal vehicle with valid driver’s license and current insurance; min BI/PD 100/300/100
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as an ability to navigate a variety of operational tasks on a computer
- Investigation experience
- Knowledge of cable industry and/or utility locate industry
- Flexible work schedule; all days of the week, day and evenings; hours can be 24/7.
- Law enforcement and/or prior investigator a plus
- Claims background a plus
- vehicle allowance/mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan
- Holiday pay