PRA K-12 School
Closing Date: Facilities Manager
Open until filled
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders.
Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to
our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to
changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture.
Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The Facilities Manager will oversee the operation of new construction, renovation, facility utilization and maintenance of school facility. This position will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The Facilities/Maintenance Manager at PRA will:Maintenance
- Manage and oversee building operations and maintenance
- Perform major and minor maintenance and repair throughout school
- Schedule repair maintenance with various contractors as needed
- Operate heating, A/C, ventilation, electrical, security and mechanical systems
- Observe systems needing repair
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for facility operations and maintenance, including preventative maintenance in accordance with any active warranties
- Manage maintenance requests in coordination with the principals, athletics and activities
director, teachers, staff, City of Broomfield, State of Colorado, Adams 12 School District
- Assist in setup and teardown for school activities
- Attend school events as required
- Maintain all aspects of daily building support functions to ensure school is in good working order, safety procedures are followed and students and faculty are in a safe environment
- Oversee compliance with hazardous material safety protocols
- Manage facility improvements as directed by school administration
- Oversee new construction in coordination with relevant entities, such as the school’s administration, site foreman, and architects as directed by school administration
- Ensure that facility improvement and/or new construction interruptions to school operations are minimized and assure integrity of operations and safety
- Update operating and safety policies and procedures to reflect facility improvements and/or new construction
- Manage day porter staff to ensure high standards of building cleanliness and operations
- Manage and contract third party building services and ground maintenance within established budget parameters
- Manage outsourced custodial contractor – assess performance, address issues and needs for custodial work and manage process for periodic assessment of pricing, services, and performance
- Makes recommendations for supplies and equipment to Business Manager
- Develop and adhere to facilities budget
- On-call 24/7 for emergency situations
- First contact for security alarms, assess situation and take appropriate actions (go to school, call police, etc.)
- Maintain a working knowledge of building safety and security systems
- Coordinate and conduce regular periodic campus-wide safety inspections for compliance with all safety, regulatory, and operating policy requirements
- Work with K-12 safety coordinator on all fire, tornado and lockdown drills
- Manage and coordinate with IT manager the distribution of all building keys, security access and security keys
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all safety security protocol
- Develop maintain a professional working relationship with City of Broomfield and state inspectors
- Follow policies established by the Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors, Adams 12 School District, and Colorado State mandated school guidelines, except where PRA has received waivers.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, trade skills training (welding, mechanical, machinery, carpentry, locksmith), some college preferred
- Prior facility maintenance experience
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance processes and protocols
- Supervisory and budget oversight experience preferred
- Proficient with a variety of computer programs
- Knowledge of and commitment to character education
- Strong maintenance skills
- Experience with repairs to plumbing, electrical, general maintenance, carpentry, and/or metal work/welding encouraged
- Contractor budgeting and bidding experience
- Experience working with general and independent contractors
- Experience with procedures for handling hazardous spill situations and clean up preferred
This position assumes responsibility for supervising custodial contractor and day porter staff.Physical Requirements
Skills and Abilities
- The ability to physically demonstrate the skills necessary for the sport being coached.
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to communicate with parents, students, staff, vendors, Administrators and various school visitors.
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment.
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the School Principals and Business Manager.Working Conditions
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.
This is a 12 month, year-round, positon and will work while school is not in session.