Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quads state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, youll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.Quad General Manufacturing
Careers across Quad are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, youll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
At the Caperton Blvd. location in Martinsburg, youll begin at a competitive, entry-level wage of $13 an hour, with immediate opportunities to advance driving you to be better than yesterday. Additionally, earn up to 10% more of your base wage and overtime pay through an incentive program that rewards productivity, safety and product quality. In addition, we have an Accelerated Training program that will teach you a skilled trade and give you the opportunity to earn up to $19.00 in your first 2 years.
We offer support at every step of your career with:
- Medical and prescription coverage with on-site healthcare, dental and vision facilities
- Health Savings Accounts
- Wellness programs and on-site workout facilities
- 401(k) retirement savings
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations
Youll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team thats transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine in the warehouse.
- Stack loose signatures off a pallet and transfer to table and then place into a collator hopper.
- Transfer completed bundles of product off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets, then place mail bags onto pallet.
- Move product with a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the staff.
- Remove skids of product using a Big Joe and Hand Truck.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
- The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs) by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs) as needed
- Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lb) as needed
- Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them up or lie them down)
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet of up to 48 in height and transfer to table top work surface 42, and then place into a collator hopper.
- Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs. Then place mail bags onto pallet.
- The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
- At least 18-years of age or older
- A solid work history
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehension
Additional Shift Information
- The flexibility to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Comfortable working in a warehouse setting
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Companys policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace