WOMEN'S BUYER, POLO, RL, & D&S APPAREL
New York, NY
Ralph Lauren Corporation
(NYSE: RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of
premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been
consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and
international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren
Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph
Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American
Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely
recognized families of consumer brands. For more information, go to http
: //investor.ralphlauren.com .
• Oversee and facilitate the achievement of financial plans.
• Oversee all visual merchandising of product features for area of responsibility.
• Formulate and profitably execute the development, selection, procurement and promotion of
merchandise across multiple buying offices.
• Ensure seasonal product selection, key item identification, and initial mark-up (IMU) support
financial and conceptual objectives.
• Continually partner with design, corporate merchandising and licensees to ensure that RLE product
needs are met & advertising campaigns are well covered for site creative.
• Consistently utilize corporate direction, brand strategy, and national ad campaigns to direct product
• Partner in fiscal annual/seasonal planning & assortment planning:
• Determine and drive the strategic focus of the overall product area: identify growth, maintain and
down trending businesses and brands.
• Partner with Global Brand Strategy teams to create an effective and focused conceptual direction
for each quarter and for each fiscal year to achieve sales & profit goals.
• Bottom-line financial accountability for product area.
• Owner of all assortment and delivery plans.
• Develop, retain and identify talent.
Required Skills/Qualities :
• Grasp and navigate a wide range of business relationships; negotiation skills.
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to motivate and develop team members; superb leadership and management skills.
• Creative product skills, and comprehensive market knowledge.
• Comprehensive understanding of market challenges and opportunities.
• Prioritize and direct multiple activities.
• Superb presentation and communication skills, both spoken and written.
• Think conceptually and strategically regarding the business; creative problem solver.
• Consistently and proactively involved in high-level product and brand strategy associated with
launching new ventures; focusing on how profitability, product positioning and forecasted growth will
sustain the brand identity.
• Provide a level of staff leadership and development activity that grooms a successor(s); involving
buyer level staff in projects that continually stretch their skill sets.
• Nurture strong ties with corporate, design, merchandising and RLS to assert the needs of the
• Demonstrate an ability and desire to seize opportunities to be a visible leader and launch new
programs or initiatives; recognition of how these could globally be executed.
• Incorporate the vision of RLD & Omni Channel initiatives and creatively leverage all brand assets.
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.