Company Name: Ralphs
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Drug GM department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Drug GM operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Adhere to all local, state, federal laws, safety and food safety regulations, and Company guidelines.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets through teamwork and collaboration.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Inform customers of Drug GM specials.
- Schedule for and perform price changes and ensure overall price integrity.
- Execute CAO and Key Retailing Programs and maintain sales floor and backroom standards.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, and lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds throughout shift.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, especially promotions that affect Drug GM.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks or issues, customer or employee accidents, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Management experience preferred
- Drug GM experience
- Retail experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time