SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to assist the pharmacist to perform the necessary dispensing duties, under the supervision of a pharmacist, according to professional standards and state and federal legal requirements. The technician should be trained to perform all of the technical duties required in a pharmacy to free up the pharmacist for professional patient interaction and duties, as allowed by state and federal laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer service.
- Performs cashiering functions.
- Assists staff pharmacist in mixing and dispensing medication.
- Processes unclaimed prescriptions.
- Answers phone.
- Telephones physician to request refill authorization.
- Processes return to vendor if deemed necessary.
- Orders prescription and designated non-prescription pharmacy products.
- Maintains department, state, and federal standards.
- Maintains pharmacy files and inventory.
- Researches and follows up on third party billing problems.
- Maintains blood pressure machine.
- Ensures compliance with the corporate dress code policy.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.20 /hour
- pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)
- California Pharmacy Technician License (Required)