The Retail Store Manager drives store profitability by meeting or exceeding sales targets and controlling operational expenses. The core expectations include managing all resources within the store to provide customers with a leading shopping experience while ensuring flawless execution of effective and efficient store operations.
- Allocates resources and organizes processes to drive profitability in a variety of situations and market conditions.
- Manages an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by ensuring visual merchandising and housekeeping standards are maintained consistently throughout the store.
- Creates a culture where all store activity and assets are vehicles for showcasing and driving Brand equity.
- Ensures store team compliance with all store policies and procedures in addition to providing suggestions and ideas on ways to improve systems and processes.
- Drives continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
- Minimizes loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Tracks store performance data (e.g. best sellers, weekly forward demand and sales per square foot) and responds with solutions that drive commercial success.
- Applies understanding of behavior and patterns of the store’s customer base, drawing conclusions for making relevant adaptations to service and/or product offer.
- Actively monitors customer satisfaction and feedback systems to drive continuous improvement.
- Leads service by example and ensures highly visible and effective customer service management at all times.
- Actively ensures Brand and product knowledge is transferred into sales skills in all relevant categories.
- Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store goals and maximize their individual performance.
- Creates a high performance culture in store by setting clear expectations and targets, analyzing team performance, holding team members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback, including actively managing poor performance.
- Works with Multi-Store Manager to identify strong performers with potential for growth along the Retail Field Career Ladder.
- Manages the recruitment, onboarding, training and development of the store team and ensures all HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Actively collaborates and shares best practices with peers to drive District team performance.
- Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive own development and increase performance.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Excellent Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
- Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills as well as the ability to use good judgment and make strong independent decisions.
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Well developed ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write EnglishAbility to maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability and willingness to travel by car and air domestically.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate a Brannock device.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, typically 10-12 hours per day during peak seasonal periods.
- 4 year college or university degree in business, retail management, or related field.
- Minimum 18 months experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment with a minimum 12 months of Store Management experience.Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- retail management: 3 years (Required)