The primary purpose of this position is to manage the operation of an individual store in particular markets in an efficient manner while maximizing sales, margin and profitability. Enforce company policies and procedures while ensuring directives and all daily activities deliver against the expected operating standards, merchandising programming and budgeted financial targets. This position promotes and drives customer service. Successful performance of this position requires the performance of managerial tasks with independent judgment and discretion. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
In exercising his or her independent judgment and discretion, the associate is responsible for performing the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Lead store associates through the execution of company business plans/objectives to drive sales, be profitable and provide a superior customer and associate experience.
- Attend to opening and closing the store and maintain proper accountability for cash handling and company banking.
- Manage an individual store while meeting store retail budgeted sales, margin, labor, expenses and overall P&L monthly results to ensure operating EBITDA and income are achieved.
- Ensure via the use of Staffworks/Work Force Management that labor is scheduled to meet customer service needs and complete operating activities and ensure the same standards of operation are enforced in the pharmacy department.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, reward, and discipline associates; appraise associate performance; and resolve complaints.
- Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, provide regular performance feedback, and demonstrate SMILE
- Manage adherence to all regulatory and compliance legislation and policies.
- Perform all job duties necessary to providing a clean, safe, and pleasing environment to customers and associates by following company standards for safety regulations and overall store appearance both inside and outside of the store; maintain and follow rules in Clutter Free.
- Maintain merchandise standards according to the POMP manual, profit planner, corporate plan-o-grams and on-going merchandise information.
- Participate in and supervise the preparation and accountability of retail store physical inventory and develop action plans to achieve expected results.
- Manage store’s vendor relationships.
- Responsible for price accuracy of goods in the store.
This position directly supervises store associates and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws.
- All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.