Selected candidate will be responsible for completing assigned audit engagements from preplanning to report writing and follow up. Candidate will advise on systems of recording costs regarding financial and budgetary data; streamlining department procedures, and ensuring compliance with regulations and laws.
Job Description: Ideal candidate will:
- Conduct assigned financial and operational audit engagements and special investigations successfully from beginning to end.
- Obtain and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, and flow charts to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Complete audit work papers by documenting audit tests findings.
- Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings and recommendations with management.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s implementation of proposed recommendations.
- Review account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Appraise the adequacy of the internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires and recommending new policies and procedures.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine whether the organization's objectives are reflected in its management activities, and whether employees understand the objectives.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Produce up-to-the-minute information, using internal computer systems, to allow management to base decisions on actual, not historical, data.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology.
- Candidate should have intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, including a working knowledge of accounting software and databases. Knowledge of Yardi is a plus.
- 2 to 4 years auditing or accounting experience.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Sound independent judgement.
- Proficiency in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of audit techniques (work programs, tests, sampling, documentation, reporting) and risk-assessment practices.
- Bi-Lingual is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Internal Auditing: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance