Under occasional supervision, supports the tasks specific to the underwriting process of executive lines professional liability insurance, including but not limited to: financial analysis, risk assessment, rate and premium assessment, and claim analysis. Prepares, analyzes, and processes various underwriting reports and documentation. Reviews new applications for acceptability based on the underwriting guidelines and processes accordingly. Builds and cultivates relationships with new and existing broker constituents.
- Provide underwriting support for the entire underwriting process from start to finish.
- Conduct the risk assessment and underwriting process based on underwriting guidelines.
- Call on both current and potential broker customers.
- Represent RLI at meetings with potential and current insured customers.
- Manage a book of business for a product line.
- Review and initiate required documentation to meet RLI’s and regulatory standards.
- Attend industry social and professional events.
- Assist in special projects and other duties as needed.
- Ability to use analytical methods in underwriting processes to find workable solutions.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to internal and external contacts on underwriting matters.
- Ability to perform basic tasks of the underwriting process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees on underwriting matters.
- Ability to work both under supervision and independently.
- Ability to travel, including overnight business travel.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, insurance, or related field and 0-2 years of experience in a similar field or position.