Overnight Porters/ Maintenance Workers Needed - (10pm to 6am)
We need reliable people who are always on time, consistently wear the company assigned uniform & care about our customers. You are critical to the success of our organization because you represent the company at the customer’s site. This role is responsible for ensuring the customer’s site is clean and safe so that the residents have a pleasant experience. You will need to ensure all duties are completed with the high quality that Safety Facility Services and its customers have come to expect.
Location: Manhattan, NY
Shift: 10pm to 6am (Must be able to work an overnight schedule)
Experienced working in a school setting strongly preferred.
The ideal Maintenance Worker/Porter will be able to successfully perform the following responsibilities:
- Wipe down countertops, desks, and other surfaces
- Scrub kitchen and bathroom fixtures, including toilets and urinals
- Collect and dispose of office trash, recycling, and compost
- Hand wash dishes; load and unload dishwashers
- Spot clean cabinets, drawers, and glass surfaces
- Steel-shine appliances and fixtures
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors
- Communicate professionally with clients and Safety Supervisors
- Comply with safety policies and procedures
- Stocking kitchen and vending machine
- Brewing coffee
- Cleaning coffee brewers & airpots
- In charge of supply ordering
- Approximately 1-3 years of experience in maintenance, housekeeping or custodial services
- Ability to speak and write English
- Reliable transportation to and from client accounts
- Ability to work in an isolated environment with minimal supervision
Physical requirements include: walking and standing during the entire shift (often 4-8 hours), climbing stairs, kneeling to clean floors, pushing and pulling objects, lifting and moving objects (up to 50 lbs), repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movement
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employers. It is the policy of the company to hire, train, promote and pay its associates without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Safety Facility Services is an industry-leading provider of comprehensive facility maintenance services for commercial and residential properties of all sizes. We utilize customized technology and specialized systems to support our team of trained professionals, helping us deliver exceptional services to our customers. Founded in 1992 and currently servicing over 10mm SQF with over 500 employees, our company has evolved to include specialists in commercial cleaning, engineering and operations, architectural maintenance (metal, marble and wood), pest control, security, and lighting and energy solutions. And we’re about being sustainable, for your budget and the environment. It’s why we’re the fastest growing team in the eastern US.