Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Leads a team of selling specialists; coaches to ensure achievement of sales goals. Partners with Selling Manager on training, development and performance management of specialists. Develop a seasonal strategy for achieving the sales plan; responsible for the achievement of daily and monthly sales goals.
Who You Are:
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Adaptable to the fast paced and ever changing environment
- Exhibits sound business judgment, demonstrates people leadership and organizational ability
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate people while driving company initiatives
You Also Have:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Prior selling, customer service and leadership experience required. Cosmetics specific experience required. Developing direct reports
- Proven leadership skills. Works collaboratively with others and fosters teamwork. Highly motivated and results oriented. Attention to detail. Ability to do product consultations and applications. Computer savvy. Ability to manage set goals through strategic planning
As The Sample Manager, You Will:
- Is a brand expert/department representative
- Consistently upgrades product knowledge in order to drive sales
- Plans, coordinates and executes events with regard to the store, department and corporate calendar. Continues to seek out future opportunities for brand growth
- Develops relationships throughout the store to promote line
- Aware of the competitive landscape
- Acts as a liaison between the department and vendor representatives
- Performs product consultations and applications
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.