Supervise workers engaged in preparing meat. Responsible for the profitability of the meat operation within the company policy along with the Store Manager.
- Maintain meat department paperwork and records on a daily and weekly basis.
- Give all customer friendly, courteous and prompt service. Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining accurate bookkeeping systems as far as weekly meet purchases and monthly meat purchases.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures in order to ensure quality standards and service.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Maintain proper records to control shrink through inventory and ordering.
- Required to work within meat operations budget as far as gross profit and meat distribution.
- Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Ensure that the product is being rotated when received and stocked.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Ensure that all meat coolers and meat cases are running at the proper temperature.
- Ensure that proper safety procedures are being used.
- Ensure that proper markdowns are being completed, when necessary.
- Properly record all hours worked. Verify and sign the time ticket report.
- Responsible for inventorying all products on hand before preparing a meat order.
- Responsible for taking a four-week period of meat inventory and forwarding to management on timely basis as instructed by meat director.
- Perform specific tasks as assigned by the store manager and/or assistant manager.
- Develop departmental objectives, budgets, policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and arrange for repairs.
- Other job related tasks as required.
Subject to pre-employment background and drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time