Sequel Youth and Family Services is a privately owned company that develops and operates programs for people with behavioral, emotional, or physical challenges. Our mission is to prepare our clients to lead responsible and fulfilling lives by providing mentoring, education, and living support within a safe, structured, dynamic environment — whether on one of our campuses, in the community, or in their own homes. We are currently looking for a English Teacher for our residential program, Alachua Academy, located in Gainesville, FL that is operated exclusively for the State of Florida Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Under the direction of the Principal, the English teacher provides direct educational services to student population using professionally and educationally acceptable methods and techniques.
- Facilitate learning in controlled environment for adolescent females, ages 12 - 18.
- Teach secondary English in a safe supportive manner.
- Be involved in multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Contribute to execution of set IEP guidelines.
- Maintain safe and supporting classroom environment.
- Maintain student progress reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related discipline.
- Must possess a current Florida State Teacher's Certification in Secondary English or related field.
- Experience with adolescents ages 12 -18 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills are required to develop educational curriculum and to instruct students.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to write assessments and lessons plans as well as well as the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret educational and program assessments.
Benefits Package :
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- Now offering Daily Pay