Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth?
Do you want a supportive work environment?
Do you want to be part of leading youth and young adults to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes" then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Broad Statement of Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Principal, the Teacher provides direct educational services to student population using professionally and educationally acceptable methods and techniques. Sequel TSI of Madison services adjudicated male adolescents,ages 12 - 18.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education or related discipline. Must possess State of Alabama Teacher's Certification, Class B License.
Experience: Experience with adolescents ages 12 -18 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills are required to
- a) develop educational curriculum to instruct students;
- b) write reports, assessments and lessons.
- Must be capable of relating to people in a manner to disseminate information in a clear and understandable format.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret educational and program assessments.
- Must possess initiative and judgment capabilities to organize and plan activities.
- High moral and ethical values
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity or behavior and judgment
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule
- Adherence and participation in the safety program
- Adheres to Sequel TSI policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With supervisor, plan academic programming and scheduling (curriculum planning).
- Coaching students about academic goals and problems.
- Make daily academic assignments for students based on their learning levels and need for review in certain areas. Evaluate the daily academic progress of each student through examining written work, and reviewing the amount of proficiency exhibited.
- Responsible for the following:
- monthly progress notes
- Management of student data/achievement through Chalkable/iNOW.
- planning academic lessons and individualized educational programs
- evaluating student's academic progress through initial and informal tests to assess student's academic levels and needs for review in subjects.
- Locating and obtaining materials needed for academic studies and life skills groups:
- sources on a loan basis such as library, and local and national agencies and businesses
- educational catalogs (including writing out purchase requisitions for materials needed)
- teacher created materials
- Devising groups to encourage social interaction skills among students for personal character and value development.
- Planning activities outside of the school to add to the student's academic and social learning.
- Planning and carrying out behavioral programs (i.e. contracts).
- Supervises students in other activities upon request.
- Attends in-service, teacher meetings and staff meetings as requested by supervisor or required by Sequel TSI Madison.
- Gives direction to classroom aides.
- Provides a consistent approach to students and an appropriate classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
- Perform duties with direction from supervisor exercising judgment in the application of pertinent rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative in providing alternatives in working with student's life skills and academic problems.
- Implements service plans and follows through on staff decisions.
- Responsible for implementation of Individual Educational Programs (IEP's).
- Supports by action and example the Sequel Creed.
The above duties reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal work functions of the position, and shall not be considered as detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position. These duties are the expectations upon which performance is measured.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- 401K after sixty days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Daily Pay available