This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the rest area and grounds under direct supervision. This position may also be responsible for transport of staff and equipment if driving requirements are met.
- Perform maintenance duties in rest area buildings and grounds including:
- Main building rest rooms – fixtures, mirrors, toilets, soap and tissue dispensers, hardware, hand driers, floors, and walls.
- Main building lobby – floors, walls, windows, partitions, light fixtures, air intake grills, telephones, furniture, display cabinets, carpets, pest control, glass doors, basement, and immediate outside of building.
- Grounds – garbage receptacles, ground litter, picnic tables, sidewalks (litter, snow-ice removal), parking lots, trash removal, and landscape work as required.
- Approved drivers are expected to operate Sertoma vehicles with care and caution and in compliance with Sertoma Centre's Vehicle Usage Policy. Sertoma vehicles are used to transport staff and equipment to job sites. It is extremely important that team members and/or equipment be transported as safely as possible. There is NO SMOKING in Sertoma vehicles and seat belts are to be worn while driving.
- Follow the janitorial dress code for working on the contract sites (long pants, shirts with sleeves, and appropriate shoes).
- Take part in locating, loading, and returning all supplies and equipment to each job location.
- Maintain equipment in clean working order. Assist in keeping janitor’s closet clean and tidy.
- Relay any problems to the Rest Area Supervisor or Coordinator.
- Responsible for notifying supervision of tardiness and absenteeism at least four hours before starting time if possible.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner on the job site at all times.
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Experience in janitorial maintenance preferred.
Valid driver’s license and good driving record preferred.
Ability to project a positive image to the public.