Summary: This position is responsible for performing maintenance procedures at facilities and facilities equipment by working with maintenance manager and using expertise to quickly diagnose problems and prevent excessive down time.
- Directing, training, and supporting other maintenance and production personnel.
- Repairing and maintaining mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling systems, automated lubrication systems, and refrigeration equipment.
- Visually inspecting and listening to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantling machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspecting and measuring parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
- Assists Mechanical Engineer to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Qualifications: (If it is listed it is a required, unless otherwise noted as Preferred)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two or more years of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience and/or training
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Close, distance, color and peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- The ability to adjust focus