Manage banquet department operations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant Manager – Director of Catering –Director of Food and Beverage
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Maintain positive guest relationships and ensure banquet functions are executed in accordance with guest specifications.
- Work closely with the catering department to address service deliver or communication gaps.
- Supervise and visually inspect the set-up of function rooms to ensure cleanliness and proper inventory.
- Oversee serving staff to ensure that all federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies are adhered to in the serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Ensure that Hersha’s cash handling policies and procedures are followed by all banquet staff in cash handling positions. Abide by all Hersha accounting policies and practices to ensure SOX compliance.
- Enter billing information into point of sale system in order to generate a final guest check.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, and adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Set and maintain service standards through continued training of core staff utilizing in service meetings.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years Banquet experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, alternate shifts and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It