WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This position will manage a Sherwin-Williams paint store, servicing wholesale and retail customers. This includes managing all aspects of store operations, including customer service, marketing, merchandising, inventory, financial reports and store safety. This role will recruit and train store employees, establish work schedules and assignments, and provide guidance to help employees grow professionally. This position will also make outside sales calls.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be willing to work all scheduled hours and required overtime, which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forkllift, etc.).
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).
- Prior experience in a retail environment.
- Bachelors Degree in a business-related field.
- Ability to grow wholesale business by conducting effective outside sales calls.
- Ability to manage staff, which includes recruiting and hiring, scheduling, training, delegating work assignments and evaluating work performance.
- Operational skills related to non-selling activities such as financial reports, credit and accounts receivable performance, scheduling and inventory control.
- Wholesale and retail customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints.
- Planning and organizational skills, as well as good written and verbal communication skills.