We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our Customers with accurate, friendly and efficient service; to perform maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the store as presented by Store Management to ensure that the store premises and fixtures are kept clean and sanitary; to present a clean, attractive environment to the store’s Customers and its Associates and ensure that the work shift contributes positively to the best interests of the store.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Empty all trash and recycling containers as prescribed by Store Management.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms including all plumbing fixtures in the manner prescribed by Store Management.
- Replenish paper and soap supplies in all restrooms as required.
- Clean, mop, sweep, scrub, strip, wax, buff or vacuum floor areas as designated by Store Management or as prescribed in established store procedures, schedules or guidelines.
- Clean Associate break and lunch areas.
- Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and submit purchase orders or requests to Store Management or as prescribed in established store procedures, schedules or guidelines.
- Operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good operating condition; observe the safe method of performing all duties.
- Control excessive use of utilities, supplies and water and observe sound conservation practices.
- Coordinate own activities and functions with those of Associates to obtain maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of Customer actions and behavior; report to Store Management or Security any abnormal behavior.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Maintain the security of auxiliary doors and entrances when using them to take out trash containers to empty into outside refuse bins or when using exterior sites to prepare or clean equipment (i.e. floor scrubbers).
- Maintain good communications with Associates and Store Management throughout the organization.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping environment.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Collect empty shopping carts from assigned areas and return them to their proper place.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Observe store rules and Company policies.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by the Store Management.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and with all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacture’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in training personnel when required.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Stand for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.