Snap Finance is seeking a dedicated Merchant Fraud and Risk Investigator to strengthen our dynamic and growing Fraud Investigations Team. As a Merchant Fraud Investigator, you will be responsible for analyzing portfolio data, reviewing merchant activity, and identifying risk and or fraud trends and patterns. The successful candidate will work with internal teams and external partners to resolve cases of performance issues and fraud to minimize and mitigate potential loss.
- A solid understanding of current fraud trends
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze situations and issues, identify options, and draw logical conclusions on issues while developing the next steps for best resolution.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Understanding of portfolio management and review
- Previous e-commerce fraud prevention and investigations or financial fraud prevention experience is a preferred
- Strong independent workflow management handling a high volume of work assignments.
- Communicate effectively to customers, merchants and other team members (verbally and written)
- Detect, analyze, and mitigate Consumer to Merchant fraud patterns
- Intervene and develop resolution plans for merchants
- Resolve complex issues with little or no supervision
- Work with peers, management and business leaders to communicate fraud trends and share best practices, ideas, and information
- Monitor workflow and make recommendations for efficiency gains
- Be comfortable working both independently and within a team unit to optimize success.
- The Fraud Investigations team handles Proactive Fraud Detection, Reactive investigations and Merchant Fraud Risk
- 2+ years (preferred) prior e-commerce, investigations, Disputes and or Fraud experience preferred (financial industry)
- Prior experience working with merchants directly
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, basic phone center soft skills.
- Good conflict resolution/problem-solving skills that focus on preventing monetary loss
- Ability to de-escalate complex situations
- Analytical, statistical reporting and research skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Education and experience will be considered
- Consistency with meeting productivity expectations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
Snap values diversity, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more by visiting our website atwww.snapfinance.com