Position: Preventative Maintenance Technician
Location: Exeter, CA
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the operational ability and preventative maintenance of critical manufacturing equipment. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in fast-paced .environments. He/she must have the ability to work with various teams and successfully troubleshoot, repair and adjust equipment as needed. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Day to day coverage of production equipment in assigned area - complete scheduled PM's
- Diagnosing equipment failures - root cause and communicate required actions across relevant teams.
- Performing major equipment repairs, rebuilds and installations.
- Receiving direction from the PM Lead, Supervisor and/or Plant Engineer.
- Collaborating with the production teams to improve equipment reliability and maintenance protocols.
- Maintaining a clean work environment at all times.
- Following all aspects of maintenance safety protocol.
- Maintaining records of work orders and PM’s completed.
- Participating in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Consistently promoting a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Contributing to a highly productive, efficient and team-oriented work environment.
This position is in our Plastics plant in beautiful Exeter, California.
- We expect you to be Sonoco mission driven
- We expect you to have at least 2-3 years’ experience as a preventative maintenance technician in an industrial environment.
- We prefer you to have a degree/certificate in Maintenance or a related field.
- You must have exceptional troubleshooting experience
- You have to have a “get it done” attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
- To succeed in this role you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously is needed.
- You need to have working knowledge of our products and their quality requirements.
- You have to have extensive personal hand tool inventory and be able to safely use their tools to set-up, adjust and maintain production equipment.
- Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and being quality focused is a must.
- You will need to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. as needed.
- Having the ability to effectively work with a team in a fast-paced environment is crucial to success.
- You will need to have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- You will need to able to perform repetitious duties, including stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- You will need to have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
Job Type: Full-time
- preventative maintenance in an INDUSTRIAL setting: 3 years (Required)