Manages customer relationships for assigned account portfolio. Responsible for account retention and penetration while supporting Sales Representative and/or customers directly by providing promotional product / event solutions. Researches and recommends promotional and proprietary products and services, solicits quotes, negotiates with vendors, and executes orders.Primary Responsibilities:
- Manages customer relations and expectations directly through customer or Sales representative for assigned book of business to prepare quotes based upon order specifications. Researches possible solutions utilizing company systems, merchandise, sourcing and selling products from SPP stock line and approved suppliers to provide solutions to the customer.
- Utilize experience and knowledge of customer history and SPP promotional and proprietary products and services to penetrate additional sales opportunities and recommend changes to existing product utilization to improve margins / account profitability.
- Utilize company systems combined with work experience for pricing application for larger volumes/complex accounts. Work with suppliers to source products/negotiate cost to meet the customers specific needs for non-program merchandise, special events, etc.
- Work with expeditors/billing/accounting to facilitate the billing process via company and/or customer invoicing or e-procurement processes and systems. Resolve client/supplier / internal issues. Collaborate with various support departments to implement customer expectations & requirements.
- Involvement in ongoing improvement efforts as directed by management.
- Represent Staples at customer shows, corporate trade shows, and occasional territory travel.
- Customer service experience and promotional products merchandising or purchasing skills are required.
- Excellent customer relation and communication skills including verbal and written such as e-mail and phone skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and industry experience with ESP or SAGE is required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced strategic business sense to assist in managing account profitability and meeting forecast.
- Demonstrated math skills.
- Solid knowledge of company systems and processes
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 2 to 4 years of related work experience