Guaranteed Hours, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm!
The Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient’s personal needs and to promote comfort. The Home Health Aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- Assists clients with bathing functions according to resident care plan and as directed (ie. Bedbath, tub, or showerbath, etc)
Assists clients with daily dental and mouth care (ie. Brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouthcare, etc)
- Assists clients with undressing/dressing as necessary .
- Assists clients with hair care functions (ie. Combing, brushing, shampooing, etc)
- Assists clients with nail care (ie. Clipping, trimming, and cleaning the finger/toenails)
- Assists clients with shaving (female clients- facial hair, under arms, legs, etc. as instructed. Male clients- facial hair)
Keep clients dry (ie. Change gown clothing, linen, etc. when it becomes wet or soiled)
Position clients in correct and comfortable positions for pressure relief
Assists clients with bowel and bladder functions (ie. Take to bathroom, offer portable commode, change Prevails, Foley catheter care, etc.)
- Assists clients in preparing for social programs, activities, and appointments (ie. Church, parties, visitors, doctor’s appointments, etc)
- Assists clients with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting clients into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, and lifts including the use of transfer devices such as transfer boards, etc
- Assists clients to walk with or without self- help devices as instructed
Provides eye and ear care for clients (ie. Cleaning eyeglasses, hearing aides, etc).
- Assists clients to self-administer medications as directed
Answers resident call lights promptly and ensure that clients who are unable to call for help are checked on regularly while working in Long Term Care setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: :
- Assist with the care of the dying resident, maintaining hope, dignity, and love for the resident at all times.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Follows policy and procedures on annual TB testing
- Follows policy and procedures on annual influenza vaccinations
- Attends all mandatory in-services
- Attends and participates in scheduled training and educational classes to maintain current certifications in accord with the State of Montana
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or person in charge of area where work is being done.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
- Must possess high school diploma or GED
- One year prior experience in a human service or health care setting
- Must possess a current Montana State Nurses Aide Certification
- Must possess current State of Montana Home Health Aide Certification or obtain Home Health Aide Certification through SJLM
- All applicants must pass Senior Independence written proficiency examination and skills test
- Must possess current and valid driver’s license and pass the screening process completed by SJLM current insurance company
- Current CPR certification
- Completion of training course in First Aid