Number of openings: 3 Full Time, Seasonal
Type of position: Paid Summer Internship
Location: Wenatchee, WA.
Working Shift: Day Shift
Hours & Work Days: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday; May vary depending on production.
Free housing will be provided for duration of internship if necessary.
Interested applicants may apply online at www.stemilt.com
Summary: Stemilt Growers LLC is seeking an individual to join our exclusive, innovative, and rapidly growing Research & Development department. Stemilt Growers LLC is known for being the industry leader in many aspects and is seeking a highly motivated individual that will gain experience in applied research. This individual will be tasked with gathering data in our laboratory, orchards, the production line, as well as in our specialized controlled atmosphere facilities.
- Using specified laboratory equipment for detection of microorganisms.
- Using analytical instruments such as refractometers, Firmtech, and various specialized computer software.
- Collecting and evaluating cherry and apple data/samples from various locations. Samples may include lifting 40-50lb boxes of fruit.
- Creating well organized PDF files and reports using the collected data.
- Other duties may be assigned during the course of this work.
Competitive compensation package. EOE AA.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have knowledge on how to use Microsoft software such as Excel, and Outlook.
- High School diploma/GED required. Some college with science background preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
- Must have a firm grasp on basic math functions.
- Must be flexible with working schedule.
- Knowledge of fruit quality is helpful but not necessary.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic and sense of confidentiality.