Restaurant Manager needed for a Franchise Restaurant in Brockport, NY
If you are a leader with a big personality and a dedication to changing lives through food service then you want to know about this opportunity.
The ideal candidate is: laser focused on growing the business; always provides a “12 out of 10” customer service experience; thrives when coaching and developing staff; is organized and knows how to prioritize; sets goals with the intent of smashing them; know how to reward excellent performance and apply consequences to poor performance. This job is not for shy individuals. If the idea of being the “Mayor of Subs” in the community appeals to you, then read on.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with customers and co-workers, exceeding the customers’ expectations
- Has a 10x mindset and focus to take the restaurant to the next level and beyond. A proven track record is a big plus.
- Assists with retaining current customers and the sale of Subway products.
- Maintain acceptable level of personal sales production
- Assists Owner with staff work schedules
- Complete daily and weekly product inventory
- Assists Owner with product ordering
- Control food and labor costs
- Assists Owner with hiring and training employees, and terminating when necessary
- Plans special events and promotions.
- Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policy are followed.
- Maintains business records as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual. Analyzes business records to increase sales.
- Monitors and ensures that food product areas are stocked, rotated and displayed to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
- Maintains an awareness of the overall Restaurant facility’s condition; notifies the Owner of any equipment failure or maintenance/supply needs, and can order necessary equipment or supplies with Owner’s approval
- Follows and ensures Restaurant employees follow all government laws, health and safety codes, food brand inspection standards, and the Company policies, procedures and standards that apply to the conduct of business. Seeks guidance from Owner and/or appropriate Subway management areas about legal questions or obligations.
- Maintains, and ensures staff maintain a safe environment for employees and customers and protecting Company assets such as information, cash, product, equipment and property.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of periodic sales, product and operating reports as directed by Owner.
- Emphasize and enforce objectives of our restaurant as a Team Leader
- Present available services and products to our customers
- Follow the Subway sandwich formula and achieve monthly sales quota
- Communicates changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff
- Participate in special events (health fairs, grand openings, community and B2B events) to promote our restaurant
- Assumes responsibility for developing and improving selling and customer service skills
- Thrives on the excitement of selling and the opportunity to grow the customer base
- Executes marketing consistently across various media and venues (social media, print, gift auctions, events, B2B relationships, etc.) to not only grow the customer base but also to seed opportunities and market all ancillary products and services regularly.
- Execute our sales process to achieve great customer satisfaction
- Establish a relationship and target individual's needs and wants.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Has 100% complete respect for customers.
- Runs a tight ship with 100% complete respect for staff.
- Leadership – Motivate and lead co-workers to bring their best every day.
- Sincerely loves to develop staff to not only raise their ability to run a restaurant but also their ability to market and sell.
- Is able to effectively communicate with staff and management.
- Believes in continuous improvement.
- Has a desire to dominate the competition by providing the best possible dine in/out experience and highest level of customer service to make the restaurant the local eating destination place to be.
- Finds satisfaction and excitement in networking with other sandwich artists, managers, owners and restaurants to share and gain knowledge through free exchange of ideas, best practices, risk management and ideas to capitalize upon opportunities.
- Must be willing to pitch in to maintain a clean and sanitary restaurant for all customers and staff.
- Is totally comfortable “emptying his/her cup” as necessary to be open to consistently learning new things.
- Sets a role model example for customers and team.
- Effectively manages by setting expectations, having regular candid employee reviews, recognizing performance above expectations and applying consequences for poor performance (you must not be afraid to execute disciplinary processes as needed).
- Sets a role model example for staff, clients, B2Bs and neighboring businesses.
- Is capable of managing a budget and using Excel for budgetary and data management purposes.
- Maintains flexibility to work mornings, days, evenings, and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must have proficient computer skills and ability to learn and use Social Media.
- Ability to learn and use our Subway software system.
- Learn, follow, and implement Subway franchise systems with mandatory and as-needed communication with Owner needs and requests.
- Be available to respond to emergencies during and after work hours
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
Not a sandwich artist? We will train you!
We're interested in people with the following qualities:
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly disposition
- Dependable and Reliable
- Great Work Ethic
Compensation & Training Facts:
- Valuable training opportunities to bring your sales and communication to high levels of capability and achievement so that you can 10x the restaurant, your sales and communication skills and your life.
- Sandwich Artist and Manager training through University of Subway online, must be able to get the ServSafe Certification
- Sales and/or Customer Service: 2 years
- Management Experience: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service Background
- Sales Background
- Fast Food Industry: 2 years
- Degree in Sales Marketing/Business or related field preferred
Serious, qualified applicants only. Do not apply if you are not a match to the expectations described above or unsure of your ability to execute. Confidence is key.
Location: 6265 Brockport Spencerport Road, Brockport, NY, 14420
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)