The CIC Admin Clerk is responsible for ensuring customer orders are fulfilled to our customer’s expectations including final product inspection and release to the customer. They perform outbound product inspections to ensure all product meets customer specifications. These product inspections use established criteria outlined in Sunset Product Specifications, known as customer requirements, commodity inspection check-sheets and food safety guidelines. Our CIC Admins also determine whether product meets criteria, which includes color, size, condition and weight of produce and accepts/rejects appropriately.
- Verification that all labeling specifications are adhered to.
- Validates correct product is pulled and shipped to customer
- Responsible for final release of product to the customer.
- Reports non-conformance findings to responsible department manager/supervisor.
- Performs any other Commodity related tasks or special projects as assigned. This may include assisting production or other operational activity.
- Communicate issues to supervisors and area managers.
- Print pallet tags and get necessary sign offs from supervisors.
- Verify incoming PO, country or origin, date, size and count.
- Work with line leads to coordinate product flow and requirements.
- Communicate with Hi-Lo drivers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in produce industry is extremely helpful
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High level of attention to detail, ability to identify differences of inspected items that are very similar.
- Ability to prioritize work and act independently within defined parameters for role.
- Inspection/audit experiences, working in software applications preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use and read measuring devices such as scales, calipers, ruler.
- Proficient in basic computer skills, JDA or NAV experience preferred.
- Must be able to work 50 degree controlled temperature warehouse
- Lift up to 30 lbs with or without accommodations
- Stand and walk for the entire shift
We are pleased to offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision healthcare plan options
- Life Insurance, 401K Retirement options
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition programs