The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Line Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Line Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.
A Grill Cook should have 2-5 years experience preparing meat on an open flame grill.
Line Cooks should have a minimum of one year experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry, grill and/or other stations and other areas of the kitchen.
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served.
- Ensure that the correct food quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift to ensure sufficient amounts of food products are maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service periods.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner following recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the chef using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers and grills.
- Prepare food orders from kitchen order printers in a timely and efficient manner and keep food servers informed of ticket times.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Clean and maintain station(s) practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills including equipment, storage and refrigeration.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas by performing any additional sanitary measures as needed including sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning surfaces, dishwashing, proper coverage, dating and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Ensure proper closure of kitchen by following kitchen stations’ closing checklist; also, help others to close the kitchen.
- Work at an efficient and consistent pace.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows. Help out with food prep tasks during off-peak periods when needed.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of uncertainty or crisis.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for preparing and serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Skills and manual dexterity required to use a wide range of kitchen tools including proper knife handling.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be detail oriented in all areas of work.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse and team oriented working environment.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Restaurant grade slip-resistant shoes are required at all times.No exceptions.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
- Frequent exposure to high kitchen temperatures, hot water, potentially slippery floors and cleaning chemicals.
- Constant exposure to high temperatures in the kitchen.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 25 pounds regularly.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
- Overtime as required.
Proof of eligibility to work in the US required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Galveston, TX (Preferred)