Position: Store Associate/Clerk
EG America is an international retail company which operates 762 convenience stores in 18 states under five banners in the United States, and more than 3,600 stores across Europe. The U.S. banners are: Kwik Shop, Loaf ‘N Lug, Quik Stop, Tom Thumb, Turkey Hill Minit Markets.
We are a rapidly growing organization seeking individuals interested in career opportunities that provide room for advancement. Come grow with us as we set a new standard in the United States for retail convenience. To find out more about our company, visit: http://www.eurogarages.com/about-us/
Responsible for providing superior customer service in pristine clean stores under the guidelines of the company policies and all applicable laws. Strive to increase sales through suggestive selling and accurate recording of sales.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that each customer receives prompt and courteous service.
- Greet customers, provide them with friendly customer services and use suggestive selling skills.
- Comply with Federal mandates and company policy regarding tobacco sales
- Operate cash register system, money order machine, lotto terminal and credit card machine within established company guidelines.
- Ensure that fresh coffee is available at all times and maintains pristine conditions in the coffee area.
- Maintain pristine conditions in the fast food area.
- Ensure that all supplies in the coffee and fast food area are stocked (i.e., napkins, cups, straws, lids and condiments).
- Ensure that grocery, cooler and freezer items are fully stocked, cleaned, faced and fronted.
- Ensure that cigarette racks and displays are full.
- Ensure that all trash containers inside and outside are emptied and cleaned as needed.
- Ensure that the exterior store conditions are maintained to enhance curb appeal of the property during all hours of operation.
- Ensure that the restrooms are pristine and stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and orderly manner.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to participate in training classes conducted by the company.
- People-oriented and able to provide superior customer service.
- Positive attitude that is contagious, speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers or other associates.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally and stand and walk the entire shift.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Previous experience in customer service/retail field.
- Stable work history.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.46 to $14.00 /hour