Position: Manager in Training (MIT)
EG America is an international retail company which operates 762 convenience stores in 18 states under five banners in the United States, and more than 3,600 stores across Europe. The U.S. banners are: Kwik Shop, Loaf ‘N Lug, Quik Stop, Tom Thumb, Turkey Hill Minit Markets.
We are a rapidly growing organization seeking individuals interested in career opportunities that provide room for advancement. Come grow with us as we set a new standard in the United States for retail convenience. To find out more about our company, visit: http://www.eurogarages.com/about-us/
Responsible for assisting the Store Manager in managing and directing the efficient operation of the assigned store to maximize sales and profitability. Perform the duties of the Store Manager in his/her absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Store Manager in recruiting, selecting, and managing a team of sales oriented associates who perform at levels consistent with our corporate objectives.
- Certify training emphasizing correct POS procedures, exceptional customer service, and plus selling.
- Support, uphold, and enforce all Company policies, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist in the management of labor and scheduling to minimize labor expenses, while ensuring adequate store staffing in accordance with the Labor Scheduling Program.
- Recognize the cause of shrink and works effectively to control losses and helps to increase profits.
- Assist in ordering merchandise and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels and maximize sales without merchandise out of stocks. Correctly verify the delivery of all merchandise and insure that all employees do the same.
- Ensure that the correct pricing is maintained and that all merchandise is in-code and saleable.
- Maintains high standards of store image ensuring that the store is clean, well-stocked, and ready for business.
- Strive to increase sales through suggestive selling skills/techniques and to consistently improve customer service.
- Ensure information flows to all Store Associates and advises management of significant events affecting the store.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 2-3 year’s experience working in a retail setting.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must correctly demonstrate all Store Associate duties and be able to efficiently manage all store activities in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Most stores are open seven days a week and 24 hours per day. The Manager in Training is scheduled to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays, as required to ensure the store is adequately staffed. Must be available to work overtime as needed.
- Must have reliable source of transportation and the ability to be reached 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 2 years retail management experience or 2 years non-retail management experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient computer skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour