Trinity Industries is searching for a Career Welder for our Saginaw, TX facility. This team member will use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics or work orders and use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials. #nowhiring
What you’ll do:
- Apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics and sketches using manual, automatic welding and/or semi-automatic welding equipment.
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or sub-assemblies.
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Observe all standard safety practices.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Maintain and complete all required records.
- May work on semi-routine assignments.
What you’ll need:
1 - 2 years of related experience.
- Experience with MIG and FCAW is required.
- FCAW (2G, 3G & 4G).
- Ability to weld out of position (vertical & overhead).
- May require working above ground (15 ft. or more).
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs to reach objects; comfortable with heights.
- May require working in narrow or confined work spaces for extended periods of time.
- Tasks may require physical strength and dexterity.
- May require extensive kneeling, bending and standing for long periods of time.