ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
We are looking to hire four (4) Project Engineers to support multiple large projects in the local area. The Mechanical Project Engineer position is responsible for helping ensure the successful implementation of the project from both the client’s and ABM’s interests. This position supports the project managers with client interaction, management and control of project resources (internal and external), project documentation, deliverables, scheduling and contract administration. Understands the basic techniques and methods of project management, including planning and control methods. Assists in the implementation of quality services throughout the project cycle. Understands the importance of team – building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in operational review of mechanical estimates
- Work with Project Managers to complete submittal process
- Conduct material takeoffs and ordering of material
- Prepare Job Start up Package for the Foreman
- Attend site visits with Project Managers or alone to confirm site conditions
- Assist Project Managers and Foremen with material procurement
- Assist Project Managers with Project Accounting
- To act as the direct representative of the Company regarding all contract related matters.
- Manage manpower and subcontractors on assigned projects.
- Provide all required documentation to satisfy the contract and client requirements.
- Prepare for weekly meetings
- Coordination of kick-off meetings
- Review weekly WIP report and alert Project Management team of any issues
- Assist with Job Close out documentation
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Occasional Job Site visits