Sorry, This Job is No Longer Available. Find Other Food & Beverage Manager Jobs in Chicago, IL Here
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Senior Food & Beverage Operations Specialist is responsible for the management, oversight and operational readiness of facilities operated by a Managed Services Provider that provides daily catering and supply operations for foodservice, sleeping, coach cars and related operations across the Amtrak system. The position is responsible for the coordination of F&B activities on all assigned trains and acts as a liaison with Division staff, Crew Management, Operations, Mechanical department and the Managed Services Provider staff. The Senior Food & Beverage Operations Specialist monitors compliance of the Managed Services Provider for the daily operational functions of warehouse facilities, provisioning of stock, compliance with corporate policies and procedures, accounting procedures, FDA, Public Health and other sanitation requirements and safety performance.
• Management of a food and beverage operational unit within budgetary guidelines, management of over 1,500 SKUs and overall purchases in excess of $50M annually
• Promotes an atmosphere for OBS employees to maximize Food & Beverage revenues in order to achieve corporate goals
• Provides ground level support for new initiatives within the assigned location(s).
• Support Route Performance Improvement initiatives in an effort to improve the overall performance of routes through enhanced F&B services
• Provide oversight for the Managed Services Provider in the operation of Amtrak commissary facilities. Jointly oversee a team of up to 100 outsourced associates that are responsible for the day to day activities of warehouse management, train provisioning, data entry, inventory control and on-train services
• Ensures the catering vendor responds to operational issues within the assigned territory when service disruptions occur
• Manages all regulatory requirements of the FDA, State and local health agencies and Amtrak Public Health departments and insure compliance at the assigned commissary facility
• Monitor facility and vehicle safety procedures and provide direction to the Managed Services Provider to ensure the proper operation of Amtrak equipment. (Ex: over the road vehicles, yard tractors, fork lifts, etc…)
• Maintain Amtrak Food & Beverage departmental procedures
• Monitor and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local liquor regulations
• Monitor monthly Key Performance Indicators to ensure vendor contract performance is valid
• Conduct product specification checks and audits to ensure vendor compliance with the contract
• Extensive direct work experience in Procurement, Contract Management or Customer Service, specifically food and beverage, hospitality or warehousing operations
• Extensive (Minimum five years) managerial experience encompassing planning, budgeting, employee supervision, contract management and program implementation
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite of applications
• Demonstrated ability to assess people, operations, equipment, revenue opportunities and work with the on-site teams to implement change and results
• Demonstrated experience in contract management, inventory management, facility management, warehousing and related functions
• Highly effective team player who enjoys working across many organizational agencies and Amtrak Public Health departments and insure compliance at each commissary facility
• Demonstrated project management skills to facilitate internal communications between relevant departments to effectively manage project development
• Knowledge of supply chain management related to procurement and warehousing
• Ensure adherence to policies and procedures on the use of inventory and financial systems for the control of inventory and food and beverage expenditures and revenue generation and collection
• Provide support to all divisional management and various state partners. Act as a change agent in joint efforts to improve operational efficiencies in food service
• Implement policies and procedures to support product management initiatives for each route. Must be able to communicate with local division management efficient use of food and beverage service to support the revenue goals of the corporation
• Support and maintain all technology projects such as POS, automated credit card processing, WIMS and revenue collection in accordance with company initiatives
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Commercial Contracts Manager
BA or BS Degree – Food Service, Food Science or Hospitality Management Program with ten (10) years of retail sales experience in restaurant, food service or hospitality related environment
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Family/Function:Safety & Security
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements:10 plus years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Safety & Security || No Additional