This is a Temp Assignment
Provide assistance to Workers' Comp Claim Adjusters by performing a variety of support services that include, but are not limited to, those listed in the essential job functions section below.
- This position supports Workers' Comp Adjusters.
- Assist examiners in contacting insureds or other involved persons to obtain missing or incomplete information.
- Provide customer service, such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims, completing timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries and resolving minor complaints which arise during the claims handling process.
- Performs data entry functions (claim checks, claim file updates, forms, form letters, electronic interfaces, etc.) as directed by claims examiner or supervisor.
- Receives and/or returns telephone calls as directed by claims examiner.
- Performs general maintenance of claims documents in the claim files.
- Other tasks as assigned by examiners or supervisor.
- Basic knowledge of claims procedures and policies.
- Ability to take direction and make decisions.
- Self organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Professional telephone demeanor and good oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of business technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High school diploma.
- Two to four years experience in an insurance claims department or related experience.
- Workers' Comp support experience a plus
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
About AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.