Temporary Material Handler - 1st Shift
Join the Reno Barnes & Noble team
and avoid all the highway traffic!
Our team at the Reno Distribution Center stays on top of it all with cutting-edge inventory management systems and industrial equipment. This is a temporary position; read on to hear about the many perks you are eligible for when you become a member of our Barnes & Noble family.
Why Barnes & Noble?
Generous Employee Discounts on books, devices and accessories
Fun-filled Employee Activities (Family Day, Pictures w/ Santa & more!)
So come join our Barnes & Noble Family!
*2nd shift schedule is 3:00pm-11:30pm and we are currently operating Monday-Friday
*Competitive Pay Rate ($13.00/hour plus a $0.50 shift differential for 2nd shift!)
The Material Handler will perform a combination of tasks under specific direction in several areas of the Reno distribution center for efficient material flow through production/assembly areas. These areas include Shipping, Receiving, Putaway, and more!
Tasks may include repetitive lifting up to 50lbs, loading and unloading trucks, restocking of shelves and loading to and unloading from conveyor equipment while demonstrating safe and proper lifting techniques.
• Replenish and provide supplies or product to assigned areas so as to maintain high productivity and minimum downtime
• Palletize and de-palletize merchandise and ensure the safe, efficient buildup/breakdown of pallets
• Load and unload trailers in a manner that ensures damage free merchandise
• Ensure broken down freight is properly stored, staged and protected from the elements at all times
• Rotate to different areas within the warehouse depending on the needs and priorities of the business
• Frequent and safe use of hand tools: box cutters, tape gun, and cleaning gear
• Warehouse experience a plus
• Knowledge of the RF (Radio Frequency) gun a plus
• Must be able to work in a physically demanding role
• Must be able to accurately and efficiently move material so orders are neat and damage free
• Must be able to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform continuous lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
• Must act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values
• Basic written and verbal English communications skills required