Temporary Warehouse Clerk - 1st Shift
Join the Reno Barnes & Noble team
and avoid all the highway traffic!
Our team at the Reno Distribution Center stays on top of it all with cutting-edge inventory management systems and industrial equipment. This is a temporary position; read on to hear about the many perks you are eligible for when you become a member of our Barnes & Noble family.
Why Barnes & Noble?
Generous Employee Discounts on books, devices and accessories
Fun-filled Employee Activities (Family Day, Pictures w/ Santa & more!)
So come join our Barnes & Noble Family!
*2nd shift schedule is 3:00pm-11:30pm and we are currently operating Monday-Friday
*Competitive Pay Rate ($13.00/hour plus a $0.50 shift differential for 2nd shift!)
The Warehouse Clerk will perform a combination of tasks under specific direction in several areas of the Reno distribution center and is responsible for ensuring productivity and customer service standards. These areas include Picking, Packing, Receiving, Ticketing, and more!
Tasks may include repetitive lifting up to 50lbs, pulling stock from shelves and loading to and unloading from conveyor equipment while demonstrating safe and proper lifting techniques.
• Replenish and provide supplies or product to assigned areas so as to maintain high productivity and minimum downtime
• Pull stock using hand-held scanner for customer orders and prepare it for outbound shipping
• Palletize and de-palletize merchandise and ensure the safe, efficient buildup/breakdown of pallets
• Use fixed scanner on sorting line to prepare books/brochures for sealing
• Complete packaging and shipping label processes
• Assists with cleaning trash conveyors, moving cardboard bails, running totes, and collecting trays
• Rotate to different areas within the warehouse depending on the needs and priorities of the business
• Frequent and safe use of hand tools: box cutters, tape gun, and cleaning gear
• Warehouse experience a plus but not required
• Knowledge of the RF (Radio Frequency) gun a plus
• Must be able to work in a physically demanding role
• Must be able to accurately and efficiently move material so orders are neat and damage free
• Must be able to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform continuous lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
• Must act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values
• Basic written and verbal English communications skills required