Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.Job Location:
Needham, MAReq ID:
The BIDHC Lead Executive Assistant manages, coordinates, and performs administrative and operational functions that support the organization. Provides complex administrative support and oversees projects in support of an executive or team of executives. Independently initiates, organizes and implements systems and procedures to efficiently manage special projects, reports and presentations. Builds rapport with Executive team and Senior Leaders to collaborate and understand and lead organizational administrative priorities. Leads a team of BIDHC Central Administrative Coordinator(s) and Executive Assistant(s).Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages complex calendars for Executives, and prepares and coordinates material for meetings and presentations. Gathers information on behalf of Executives. Researches and writes memos, letters and reports which are often complex and confidential in nature, utilizing independent judgment.
- Represents Executives to high level internal and external constituents. Answers policy questions and determines appropriate course of action for sensitive issues and matters of significance that have organization-wide visibility and potential cost or organizational repercussions. Establishes and maintains influential and strategic relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Reviews financial documents for accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures. Generates reports, determining data for inclusion and reviews for validity and accuracy.
- Leads Administrative Team and serves as a coach, role model/mentor, providing support, training and sharing knowledge with other Administrative Staff. This includes hiring, leading weekly meetings, contributing to performance evaluations and assisting with corrective action as needed.
- Serves as the central point of contact for the Administrative Team and prepares and adjusts staff schedules. Collaborates with team; solicits thoughts and ideas from others and incorporates them to produce quality processes.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Experience leading or managing a small team.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally