RN Clinical Program Manager - Managed Care
San Antonio,TX (Northern Suburb near Airport) Clinical Program Manager Job Summary:
The Clinical Program Manager is responsible for managing the provision of quality primary health care and program services delivered by an interdisciplinary team in a comprehensive, collaborative manner with an emphasis on health promotion and education. The Clinical Program Manager develops, manages and reports on, and is accountable for the activities of the program and its staff.
Clinical Program Manager Background:
- Responsible for the implementation, oversight and day-to-day management of specific programs in the organization.
- Devise strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and resourcing
- Plan and oversee all patient care or administrative operations and programs
- Recruit employees to ensure department is staffed with qualified personnel
- provide oversight of the quality assurance and quality improvement programs
- Coordinate and supervise staff and conduct performance evaluations
- Provide personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development
- Evaluate performance and discipline employees when necessary
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) or related field; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Around 5 years’ clinical nursing experience in a high acuity setting.
- Requires 2-4 years’ experience with Medicare Advantage
- 1-2 years of administration and budget experience required
- Knowledge of healthcare & insurance industry current and future trends, in order to assess future market needs.
- Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.
- Able to transform assignments from high-level objectives into independently established detailed goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional critical thinking skills.