- You can review and enforce your personal data rights through either Governmentjobs.com or Career Pages. However, these rights are limited to where NEOGOV is considered a data controller. Once you submit an application to a Customer, that application becomes the sole property of the Customer.
- If you are a Job Seeker, to make applying to future jobs easier, when you apply through a Governmentjobs.com owned and operated website, you create a universal account that persists on www.governmentjobs.com. This account will include your basic profile information. You have the right to delete this account by logging in and following the deletion steps in your account settings. Job Seekers also have universal privacy controls available in the account settings of www.governmentjobs.com
- Our website incorporates privacy controls which allows you to control how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive communications from Customers or limit the processing of your information. For instance, if you are a Job Seeker, to turn off or limit universal settings regarding correspondence you receive from Customers (i.e. potential employers), or to turn off or limit which Customers can preview your Job Seeker Profile, log into your account on www.governmentjobs.com and go to your account settings. Job Seekers can utilize similar privacy controls on a per Customer basis in each Career Page account they create.
Information You Share with Us and How We Use It.
We require certain information to provide Services to you and collect certain information while you are on the Services. For example, Job Seekers must have an account in order to apply to a job through Governmentjobs.com or Career Pages. In this Section we set out:
- general categories of personal data we may process;
- in the case of personal data that we did not obtain directly from you, the source and specific categories of that data;
- the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- the legal bases of the processing.
- Company will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. Personal information will only be collected, used, and retained as necessary for the purposes stated herein for which you have provided explicit consent, or as required by law or regulation. Data will be appropriately disposed of when no longer needed.
- Company restricts access to your personal information to essential Company employees and Third Parties on a “need to know” basis. We do not disclose information about your individual visits to GovernmentJobs.com. For personal data subject to the GDPR, we rely on multiple legal bases to process the data, which includes when you have given your consent (which can be revoked by utilizing privacy controls, deleting profile data, or deleting your account), when the processing is necessary to perform a contract (such as the Terms of Service), our legitimate business interests (such as developing the Services), marketing new features or products, proper administration of our website and business, ensuring safety and security, and as required by law.
- We may process data about your use of our website and services ("usage data"). Usage data is gathered automatically when you visit the web pages to help us better serve you. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, device ID, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, the pages you visit, referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g. HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, search terms entered on the site, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. We may process this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, administer our Services, determine data’s country of origin, help prevent fraud, identify clickstreams that led you to our Services, and determine what enhancements to implement.
- We may process your account data ("account data"). The account data may include your name, email address, and password. You are the source of the account data provided to us. The account data may be processed for the purposes of providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, to detect, investigate and prevent activities that violate our policies or the law, maintaining back-ups of our databases, providing customer support, communicating with you about feature updates and services, and to inform you of other job opportunities, products, and services.
- We may process your information included in your Job Seeker or User profile ("profile data"). Profiles can be created independently or while applying to a job. Profiles also can be created by signing up via Facebook. Typical data points within the Job Seeker Profile include: first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, resume, driver’s license, proof of right to work in the United States, work experience, education history, certifications and licenses, applicant skills and languages, personal references, and any other supplemental information added at your sole discretion. Profile data will be processed for your future use of the Services, to allow you to apply or post jobs, where you continue your use of additional services provided by Company or Affiliate Parties (such as receiving correspondence regarding future job opportunities from Customers (i.e. potential employers) or making your Job Seeker Profile available for Customers to review and reach out to you for future job opportunities), and as required or where there is a reasonable belief disclosure is required by law or regulation. Please note, Customers have the option to request additional personal data during the application process that is not requested, owned, or used by Company.
- We may process information that you post for publication on our website or through our services ("publication data"). The publication data may be processed for the purposes of enabling such publication and administering our website and services.
- We may process information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding goods, services, and support ("inquiry data"). The inquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing, and providing support services to you.
- Company uses service providers and third-parties to help us operate, maintain, and deliver our Services, and to provide additional services such as API’s that enhance the recruitment process. Company may allow these third parties to collect, use, or share your personal information for (i) the identified purposes described herein, (ii) to facilitate your use of the Services, (iii) where you explicitly provide your consent, or (iv) where there is a reasonable belief that disclosure is required by law or regulations. Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties for new uses or purposes unless you have given prior explicit consent. Third parties may include payment processing companies, background check providers, online assessment providers, communication providers, analytics companies, fulfillment companies, and payment processing companies. More specifically:
- We may allow payment processing companies to process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter on the payment processor website ("transaction data"). Where applicable, we may send your name and address to payment processing companies to facilitate your transaction.
- We may process your information for background check services you choose to participate in for job applications. This data may include a URL to the full background check report (which requires login to the third-party system), current status of the background check report (pending, clear, or review), and your name, zip code, phone number, employment history, education history, and email address to facilitate your use of the service with the background check company. The source of this data is you and the background check company. This data may be processed for the purpose of providing information on the status of the background check and facilitating access to the full report. You have a right to the data the background check company retains on you and you will automatically be provided a copy of your results via e-mail upon completion of background check processing.
- We may process online assessment information. This data may include assessment scores/percentages, and URLs to the full assessment results (which require login to the third-party system). The source of this data is the online assessment company. This data may be processed for facilitating access to the full assessment and communicating applicant assessment results to you and the Customer who requested administration of the assessment.
- We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters ("notification data"). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters, providing status on background checks, online assessments, and payment receipts, or providing you information on future job opportunities. You can change your email preferences to control notifications you receive from Company and Customers or unsubscribe from a notification by following instructions contained within the notification itself, or your account settings.
- We may share aggregated and de-personalized information (so that personal information is not revealed) with business partners and use machine learning techniques on metadata and cookie data in order to provide Customers with useful insights from the data they collected using Services, to build or enhance features, improve our Services, improve our infrastructure and security, and develop products.
- We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you, record-keeping, and to help prevent fraud and abuse.
- Company reserves the right to process information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith (after considering privacy interests and other factors) that such action is necessary to: meet legal requirements, comply with legal process, protect Company rights, property, or our Affiliated Companies, investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security, or protect the personal safety of users or public. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights, and the legal rights of others.
- We may process certain personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice.
Information We Share for Partnerships and Integrations.
- In the limited circumstances where we disclose personal data, we do so subject to your control, where it’s necessary to provide you our services, or where it is required by law. We enter confidentiality and data processing terms with any party who may process personal data, and we regularly review their standards and practices. On your instruction, if you choose to use one an integration mentioned in Section 2.8, we share information or data with that party to facilitate your use of that API.
- We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
- As previously mentioned in Section 2, financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers, CyberSource (VISA), JP Morgan Chase, Merchant e-Solutions, Stripe, and Braintree. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
- We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Information Collected by Customers – Where Company is a Data Processor.
- If you are a Job Seeker, certain information requested and collected through the Services is at the direction of Customers. In these instances, Company is a data processor on behalf of a Customer (the data controller). Other than information gathered for your account and Job Seeker Profile (where Company is still the data controller), data collected by Customers through the Services is dependent upon what Customers request of the Job Seeker. Our legal obligations as a data processor are set out in our contracts with Customers or via internet privacy frameworks.
- Customers (defined in Section 1 of the Governmentjobs.com Terms of Service) maintain personal information about Job Seekers which is collected from accounts or forms Job Seekers complete, and transactions or communications Job Seekers and Customers have with each other. If you are a Job Seeker, you understand that for job applications you submit to Customers, the respective Customer determines which authorized users (Customer employees such as Human Resource employees) have access to the information you submit, as well as the default data retention periods.
- If you apply to a job, make your Job Seeker Profile available for Customers to view, provide information to show interest in a job, or reply to a message from a Customer, you consent to disclosing your information to Customer(s) for their authorized users to complete recruitment and hiring processes and to contact you, including for future job opportunities.
- The general personal information processed by Company on behalf of Customers includes: full name, driver’s license, address, resume, cover letter, professional references, date of birth, prior work history, phone number, email, birth date, criminal history, writing samples, transcripts, education history, ethnicity, race, disability status, veteran status, social security number, and nepotism status. Customers have the option to ask for any additional information of applicants and employees. The information received and retained on Company servers is owned solely by the Customer, and Company has no ownership in such information. You should contact the Customer for more information on what information they maintain about you.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies
Cookies We Use.
- When your browser or device allows it, we use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage patterns, and to personalize and otherwise operate our services.
- authentication - to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website;
- status - to help us to determine if you are logged into our website;
- personalization - to store information about your preferences and to personalize our website for you;
- security - as an element of the security measures used to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials and to protect our website and services generally;
- advertising - to help us display advertisements that will be relevant to you;
- analysis - to help us analyze the use and performance of our website and services.
Cookies Used by Our Third-Party Providers.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
- We, and other third parties we work with, place cookies when you visit the Services and when you open emails that we send you in order to provide you more specific content about services we or our third-party providers offer. For instance, we publish Google AdSense advertisements on our website. To determine your interests, Google will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the web using cookies.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser and from version to version. Please refer to your browser documentation on how to manage your cookies.
- Blocking all or some cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of the Services.
- Certain users (European users in particular) have legal rights to obtain information about whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions. In particular, your rights may include:
We will respond to your request to exercise your rights within a reasonable time and no longer than 30 days from receipt of your request. In this section, we have summarized the rights you may have under data protection laws. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- Data Access Rights
- Right to Restrict Processing
- Right of Rectification
- Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
- Right to Object To Processing
- Right to Withdraw Consent; and
- Data Portability Rights
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we, or our third-party affiliates, process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data. If you are a job applicant, to see whether information on you is retained on Company servers, please click here. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us and you have the right to receive your personal data from us. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. You have a right to a copy of your information. You can print a copy of your profile information using your web browser and download your attachments at any time by logging into your account and following the download process.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified. You can update or delete your Governmentjobs.com Profile at any time. To change or delete information on your Job Seeker Profile or within your account, login to Governmentjobs.com and follow the prompts to either “update my profile” or “delete my profile.” For inquiries related to resetting your account contact support at: support@GovernmentJobs.com.
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; and the personal data has been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. You have the option to change and delete your personal information in your active account at any time.
- In some circumstances you have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- In some instances, if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
- Although you may submit applications to Customers through the Services, upon submission, the application becomes the property of the Customer (the Data Controller). Company is a data processor of Customer information in this regard. Customers store personal information they receive from applicants and employees on Company servers. Customers control the type(s) of information requested of applicants and employees, and how long such information is retained. This information is exclusively Customer property and Company maintains no rights to such data. Therefore, if you are a Job Seeker and would like to access, review, or correct your personal information that you submit to a Customer using the Services, you should contact the Customer with any such inquiry. Company will cooperate with such inquiry to the extent it is permitted under Company’s confidentiality and privacy obligations.
Retention, Deletion, And Removal.
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. More specifically, where Company is considered the Data Controller. Company retains your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Upon your deletion of any data point within the account or Profile, it will be removed from the Company database server.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Company shall dispose of your personal information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
Data Security and Integrity.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, Company has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Company uses commercially reasonable physical and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. These safeguards include limiting access to data, storing your personal information on secure servers and computers, and periodically testing our security technology.
- In the event Company believes the security of your personal information in Company’s possession or control may be compromised, Company may seek to notify you by e-mail and you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
- All personal data processed by Company will be encrypted at rest and in transit.
- You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing the Services confidential.
Information on Children.
These Services are not directed at children under the age of thirteen (13). Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) on our Service. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen (13) on our Service, we will delete the information from our records.
This website is owned and operated by com, Inc. Our principal place of business is at 300 Continental Blvd., El Segundo, CA. You can contact us using our website contact, by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or by email.
Data Protection Officer and Representative.
Our representative within the European Union with respect to our obligations under data protection law, and our data protection officer is Matko Dodig and you can contact our representative by email at email@example.com.