(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $19.56 per hour.
A Laborer, working in the Attraction Maintenance & Mechanical & Overhaul Teams, (AM-MO) may be responsible for performing planned maintenance, providing support to other crafts, ensuring Attractions, shops and other Backstage areas are clean and ready for operation. Additional responsibilities may include cleaning and maintaining Attractions, waterways, and other assigned areas as well as maintaining railroad track, ties, switches, and gravel ballast.
• Move soil, equipment and material to assist all trades. • Lift, carry, and wheel heavy material. • Load and unload material from transport vehicles using hand trucks, dollies and other support devices. • Move furniture, lumber, fence railing and other materials. • Opens drums, boxes, and other containers. • Move soil gravel, equipment, etc. • Move parts & materials between shops/buildings • Tag parts; update logs; annotate manifests Park maintenance and cleaning:
• Sweep and clean streets, paths, tracks, waterways and walkways. • Dig holes and trenches for trades. • Sweep, mop, vacuum shops and other assigned areas Attraction Responsibility:
• Clean all waterways and dispose of dirt • Clean flume, animation and pond areas. • Clean track and ride path areas. • Help other trades with their work when/if needed. • Perform weekly, monthly and annual planned maintenance. • Replace railroad track components. • Maintain railroad track profile. General:
• Operate forklift. • Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (MAXIMO) to receive work instruction and document time.
Must have the experience and abilities to perform the duties listed under "Responsibilities" above. Schedule Availability
- Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
Laborers, involved in Attractions maintenance are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test. Audiometric exam and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.