At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Quality Engineer will conduct inspections, audits and related work to competently examine and assess the structural attributes, including structural supports and foundations, wind and seismic integrity, structural bracing and ride track elements of the registered attractions at the Disneyland Resort to support annual certification to the California Division of Occupational Safety Health (DOSH). The Quality Engineer will manage the program for structural inspections of the registered attractions at the Disneyland Resort.
- Write and maintain the structural inspection Scopes of Work for contracted structural inspections, and ensure they meet all requirements listed in the Manufacturer’s Requirements document.
- Review results of contracted and internal structural inspections of registered attractions and provide engineering dispositions for findings resulting from those inspections.
- Conduct inspections to competently examine and assess the structural attributes, including structural supports and foundations, wind and seismic integrity, structural bracing and ride track elements of the registered attractions.
- Assist with all levels of auditing processes. Follow up on, correct and close out findings and observations.
- Provide general Quality Engineering support to internal customers such as Engineering, Maintenance, Shops, Operations and others as required.
- Proven experience with amusement parks.
- Proven experience inspecting structures including foundations.
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Experience with maintenance of complex systems.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation & presentation skills
- Proven knowledge of EDMS, AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- CA Professional Engineers License
- American Society for Quality Certifications
- M.A./M.S. Engineering or related field
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.