At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Accountable for Mechanical Engineering and Design of new and existing projects at the Disneyland Resort and in supporting and partnering with other groups with the implementation and completion of these efforts. Cast Member will lead specific engineering efforts in support of added capacity, improved maintainability, performance optimization and overall attraction improvement. Projects will be focused on mechanical solutions with emphasis on materials selection, strength and fatigue design & calculation, pneumatic and hydraulic optimization as well as internal and industry standards adherence. Most efforts will require close partnering with Cast from DLR’s Ride Control, Sustaining, Project Management and Project Engineering groups. Communication and Language skills are critical to ensure Engineering Services (Maintenance) and Operations challenges are well understood so that supplied solutions solve the specific issues and requirements which have been identified by the end users and maintainers
- Perform ride element performance analysis: finite element analysis, structural, dynamic, kinematic, hydraulic and pneumatic analysis and calculations, as appropriate, for any Attraction changes in support of project specific requirements and compliance with California Ride Law.
- Responsible for planning, estimating, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of Engineering projects.
- Provide timely, clear, concise communication to management, customers, partners, and team members about work status and impact to Resort availability.
- Perform annual certification of attractions and sign major modification letters for registered attractions in accordance with DOSH regulations
- Assists in resolving technical conflicts encountered in design/drawing packages with vendors and shops to ensure conformance with design documentation.
- Provide engineering recommendations, with proposed actions and suggested priorities, for the resolution of attraction operational and mechanical problems.
- Prepare company compliant engineering test scopes, plans, and reports (e.g. Acceptance Testing and Performance Testing) as well as perform testing and writing of test reports.
- Provide timely creation/review of engineering design, change, repair, and disposition documents.
- Accountable for the successful completion of Ride & Show Engineering projects.
- Accountable to maintain the technical aspects of Engineering projects within allocated budget and schedule limits.
5 to 8 years Mechanical Engineering experience in a design and fabrication environment.
Experience in component selection and specifications (e.g. bearings, motors, gearbox, etc…)
Experience in performing stress calculations and using Finite Element programs (FEA).
General skills :
- Able to balance multiple projects/assignments concurrently
- Able to communicate technical concepts in writing as well as through verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-technical peers and management
- Strong interpersonal and team-building abilities
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience
- Material properties experience in design
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Composite fabrication and design
- Knowledge of machine design fundamentals
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited University in at least one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with 5+ years of proven engineering experience.
- Engineer-in-Training Certification (Fundamentals of Engineering) with a goal of obtaining a PE license
- Post Graduate work
- Systems reliability knowledge
- Professional training in Solidworks, AutoCad, Matlab, MathCAD and Finite Element programs such as Ansys & Simulation/Cosmos
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.