Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct supervision of a physician or nurse/clinic manager.
2. Triages patient concerns on-site or via telephone/email consults.
3. Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients` charts.
4. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the physician or nurse.
5. Records care administered according to established procedures.
6. Obtains and consults results of diagnostic testing with physician. Relays physician instructions regarding care to patients.
7. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis (if so, phlebotomy certification is required).
8. Assists physician with technical/surgical procedures in the room including preparation.
9. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies.
10. Follows channels of communication with co-workers for effective problem solving.
11. Serves as the lead Medical Assistant and troubleshoots the concerns of other MAs with direction from Administrator or Physician or Clinic Manager.
12. Maintain relationships within the department and multiple departments, including but not limited to cross-training with scheduling and pre-op.
13. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement and Service Pride.
14. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
15. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 5-8 years of experience with highly complex, chronic disease management or 5 years of highly complex experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current American Heart Association CPR certification is required Certified from an accredited program and/or Registered Medical Assistant preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, Patient Triaging Cognitive application of sub specialty expertise. Complex disease management
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED N/A
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.