Job Description: Corporate
Title: Assistant Designer, cut and sew knits
Reports to: Designer
Overview: To assist with Designers in creative execution of the product.
- Work closely with Designers to create concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and graphics.
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication and garment samples.
- Assists in research of seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling and trims.
- Work with Technical Design in preparing specs from initial concept to technical design cards.
- Work with Production to maintain design concept through out production process.
- 0-2 years Design experience
- Apparel Design degree
- Strong illustration skills
- Demonstrated creative sense and ability
- Trend/fashion awareness
- Skilled in hand sketching
- Working knowledge of garment construction and trim
- Garment measurement and specification experience—very important
- Knowledge of lab dips
- Excellent color sense
- Self directed
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good follow through, sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to do creative, focused visual presentations
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
J.Crew Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.