Electrical Hardware Engineer Intern
Apply This Job
Description:Perform Electrical Engineering functions in support of the Aircraft and Ground Support Vehicle Maintenance and Pilot Training Devices including:
• Design, assessment, troubleshooting and analysis of existing training devices.
• Support development of new training devices leveraging existing hardware architecture.
• Create and maintain Electrical Drawings including Electrical Schematics, Cable Drawings, and others electrical documentation.
• Participate in Design Reviews.
• Support production environment in researching obsolescence COTS and customer hardware to meet production requirements.
• Applies technical knowledge to solve problems by interpreting design drawings, manuals or simulator documents, performs other duties as assigned.
• May be required to assist with installations, tests, and maintenance of system-layered hardware and software packages at customer sites.
• Isolates and reports malfunctions and discrepancies to the lowest definable levels.
• Documents and maintains cabling and interconnect schemes and drawings.
• Comply with site policy and procedures.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Hardware engineering from an accredited college.
3.0 GPA requirement
Proficient with electronic systems schematic interpretation, electrical circuit design, electrical cable design, equipment troubleshooting, and repair. Operation and use of standard test and measuring instruments. Willing to travel to support technical tasks, system installations, modifications, testing, and have a valid driver's license. Must have the ability to receive and maintain a DoD Secret clearance. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Possess good oral and written communication skills; and be self-motivated in performance of duties with limited supervision. Must be capable of establishing and maintaining a courteous relationship with all customers.
Familiarity with computerized maintenance management software programs/products. Experience with simulation training devices. Experience with asset management and hardware integration, and services in support of a simulator training environment. Familiarity with hardware development, manufacturing, integration and test. Familiarity with obsolescence planning/management/triage. Familiarity with Engineering Change Control Processes, Zuken E3, EPDM, and Visio.